In addition to volunteering, donating securely online and signing up to receive our newsletter, you can also support Family Promise of Wake County through Amazon Smile or by donating items on our wish list.
SHOP THROUGH AMAZON SMILE
Amazon Smile is a way to contribute to your favorite nonprofit while buying items you were planning to buy anyway. Simply sign into Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com), select "Family Promise Wake" and Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of the cost of your eligible purchases to Family Promise of Wake County.
DONATE SOMETHING ON OUR WISH LIST
Family Promise appreciates donations for our families to use at our Day Center.
Our wish list includes:
- trash bags (13-gallon & 32-gallon sizes)
- plastic forks, spoons, knives, bowls
- cleaning supplies (sponges, Comet, Spic’n’Span, glass cleaner, please no dish detergent or disinfecting wipes)
- laundry detergent (powdered, please)
- liquid hand soap
- diapers (sizes 3, 4 and 5), Pull-Ups, baby wipes, baby foods and formula
- first aid supplies and medicines (adult, child and infant; pain, fever and cold remedies)
- bath towels
- Pack 'n Plays
- phone cards
- bus passes (day passes)
- postage stamps (for letters)
Our wish list for our Transitional Housing apartments includes:
- queen and full/double comforters and bedspreads
- queen sheet sets
- bath towels
- sets of dishes
- sets of silverware
- pots, pans, cooking utensils
- air filters (20″x20″)
Staff must be present to accept donations. Staff hours are Monday through Friday, 7a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Occasionally, depending on the needs of our Day Center and Transitional Housing units, Family Promise is able to accept donations of furniture. Please call ahead to check our needs before delivering furniture.
If we cannot accept your furniture donation, please consider taking it to The Green Chair.
Family Promise does not accept clothing. We have a partnership with Note in the Pocket to help our guests in need of clothing.
Family Promise does not accept toys or games, but Cary Creative Center may want your toys, games, puzzles, etc.